Monday, August 29, 2011

Family

This past week was perfectly uneventful. Sleeping in, snuggling, the occasional errand to run and spontaneous drives to the beach. Being together as a family of three is insanely wonderful.
The weekend was filled with more family time. Benjamin finally got to meet some of his aunt and uncles. We had five of our dear friends fly in from all over the country for a long overdue family reunion. We spent the days sprawled out on St. Pete Beach getting too much sun, teaching people to surf and enjoying Irene's breezy left overs. Nights were just as relaxing complete with toilet paper games and Auntie Bee teaching Ben just how to Dougie.







We are so blessed to have such a wonderful family. Texas was good at that. I'm an only child so my friends have always been my brothers and sisters. Ben's extended family is massive and I'm so grateful for that. 


Girlfriends do a heart good. 

Big man's learning how to sit up, smile big, and carry on conversations with 5 million awesome faces I wish I could capture on film. We will be making some phone calls to set up appointments to check his hearing, see if he needs physical therapy, and do another kind of blood test (more on that later). 
I'm completely convinced Ben is an angel sent straight from above. That mother's heart everybody told me about just swells with pride and affection. We are beyond blessed with this fun little dude. 


I can't believe August is almost over. I'm savoring every moment with my favorite boys. 
Leave me a comment: What have you been up to?

Happy Monday!


Photos courtesy of Auntie Bee :)
   

1 comment:

  1. Aw! I miss you 3 so extremely much! I want to visit soon! Ben needs to know his Aunt Leslie! I'm back in the Houston area with my family til I figure out when I can get to South Carolina to be with Riley! I'm hoping to sub here in the fall. We need a phone date ASAP!

    ReplyDelete