Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Change

I love the holidays. Love. I love when the weather in Florida starts to cool off just enough to make it comfortable to eat outside or open the windows. I love pulling out the Christmas decorations and letting those pine scented candles burn all day. I love curling up with hot chocolate and convincing myself sugar cookies have no calories.
Changes make the world go round. Literally. It's that one thing I love and hate about life. Change is important. Good? Sure. Bad? Sometimes. Ugly? Every so often. Changes are what fuel our minds. It's the "Oo, look - fall leaves!," "Hey, a full moon!," or "Let's plan a vacation!" mentality that keeps us going. We long for things to look forward to.
There is so much I'm looking forward to this year. Micah is coming home, Benjamin will be able to enjoy the festivities and we're close enough for family to come see us instead of the other way around. Last year was tough. Micah was in the sandbox, I was six months pregnant and we couldn't even talk to each other on Christmas day. Not to mention plowing through our anniversary and New Years like they didn't exist. After flying back to Texas after spending those few weeks in Florida, my friends who picked me up from the airport jokingly asked me if I was happy to be back. I un-jokingly replied a "Heck yes I am" and prayed we would never have to go through that again.
For those of you who have asked, we have no idea what's happening after Christmas in regards to... life. I would love to tell you that Micah got a well paying job that is going to allow us to stay in the area and live happily ever after, but that's just not our reality right now. We do have some options (which, with the economy the way it is right now, is unheard of) but everything is very much up in la-la land.
Right now, we are both trying to be all here. We're taking things one day (sometimes one moment) at a time and thanking God for the guts.

Be on the lookout. More of these pictures to come soon! 
Kim Pace of Pacey Photography is an absolute gem! 

No comments:

Post a Comment