Sunday, October 2, 2011

Word

I'm starting a new journey. I'm going to read the Bible all the way through. Believe it or not, "Little Miss Preacher Kid has never read the Bible in a year." I know; shocker.
Here's my plan: No matter how long it takes, I'm going to read it cover to cover and share it with you as I go. Even if it takes the next 10 years, I'm doing it.

I'm doing it this way for a few reasons:
1. Over the years I've tried different methods. Whether it's in a year, 90 days, or a chapter or two here and there, it always seems to stop the same way. "This is hard. I can't do it." And I give up just as easily as I started.
2. If I do a method like that it becomes a "have to" instead of a "want to." I have to want to otherwise it feels like a burden. And, getting to know the Lord better should never be a burden.
3. Knowing I get to write about it as I go will keep me excited about it.
4. You can keep track of me. If you see that I haven't written in a while, say something. I don't want life to take over.

I'd be lying if I said my relationship with the Lord is where it should be. Life takes over too often and I lose track. Christianity is a relationship; not a religion. I know it's going to take work. Relationships take work. Since Micah and I are apart, we have learned that we have to be intentional about our marriage. If we didn't communicate and tell each other what's happening and how we're feeling, this wouldn't work. That's how I'm approaching this. I have to be intentional about getting to know God. The easiest way to do that is through His word.

Join me. "Want to" with me.

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic! I'm really proud of you for doing this and it's actually just what I've been needing to be reminded of. You are such an amazing woman Amber!

    ReplyDelete