Sunday, November 13, 2011

Humbled

Have you ever had an interaction with someone and left going, "I should've said this" or "I would've done that differently"? When a woman stopped my friend in the mall and asked if the baby she was with was named Benjamin, we both froze in our tracks. How on earth did she know his name? She proceeded to explain that she recognized him from my blog. Say what? She gave me compliment after compliment (after realizing that it was me who wrote it... not my friend who apparently is my twin - 4 inches taller, of course). I graciously thanked her and we went on our way. When I was thinking about what she said and how amazing it was to realize that people I haven't met are somehow being blessed by my story, I caught myself pondering how I could've handled it better.
See, folks, this is not about me. Though I'm thankful the Lord has blessed me with the apparent eloquence of stringing together words that somehow encourage others, it comes down to the words you may have missed... the Lord has blessed me. I don't just write because I enjoy it; I don't just write because I know somebody's reading it. Don't get me wrong; those are on the list, but number one is because I love the Lord. I want to bring glory to Him.
Because He's good, people! All the time. 
So if I had it to do over again... "I appreciate the encouragement, but it's not about me."

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    We used to attend Bay Life Church in Brandon and my mother in law still gets Mark's emails and she forwarded this one to me and that's how I found your blog and I am so glad I did! We have since moved to Atlanta, but my family lives in Florida so we are there quite a bit still. I also have a daughter with DS born May 18, 2009, she is the blessing I never imagined for myself, but the one God knew I needed and she is A-MAZING! Our blog is http://livinglifewithes.blogspot.com. My email address is kelligoede@yahoo.com incase you ever want to chat! If you don't mind I would like to let the rest of the DS bloggers out there know about your cutie on my blog, is that OK?

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete