Friday, December 9, 2011

Believe

I debated long and hard about whether or not to continue with this abortion discussion. My intent with One Day was not that of anger about abortion. If you read it again, you'll see that it was more about special needs children being sent to institutions for their differences. Since many of these children have been diagnosed with Down Syndrome, it hit home like nothing else ever has. I had seen a show on television that highlighted one of these institutional prisons. I'm not linking it because, thankfully, the hell hole they were talking about has since been shut down because of media attention. But, that's where it stemmed from. If you've been keeping up with this blog since the beginning, you know that writing is the way I get emotions out. I had emotions that night... so they came out. If that bothers you, you certainly don't have to continue keeping up with our story. I do welcome the reactions and the differences of opinion but, again, my intent is not that of anger.
 My intent is to share what I believe and why I believe it. 

With that out of the way... Here's what I do believe about abortion.

I've gotten a couple differing views since my last post. 
It never ceases to amaze me how polar opposite views about this can be. 
I'm not saying deciding to have an abortion is an easy decision. 
What I am saying is that you can't deny that it's a human being. Can you? 
I was six weeks along when we first heard Ben's heartbeat. 
Six weeks. 
Some women don't even realize they're pregnant at six weeks. 

I do want to reiterate again, I'm not angry. If you're pro-choice, if you've had an abortion, if you're thinking about it, if you just don't know what to believe... know that you are loved. 
I would actually love to hear some more reactions. If you have an opinion on either side, please share. If you want to keep it private, email me or shoot me a Facebook message. 
I'd love to hear from you, pray for you, answer questions and continue the discussion. 

 Just know that I believe ending a pregnancy is stopping a beating heart.  



2 comments:

  1. I remember sitting in Prof. Woodring's Biblical Foundations class at LETU watching a film about how different countries around the world abort babies with Down's...just because they have Down's. Because of Zach(and my heart for special needs kids), I just sat there and bawled. It too makes me so angry and I don't understand. I really don't. One day, though, lives will be restored. Love your blog so, so much.

    ReplyDelete