Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Commonality

"I love the little things in life that add up to one big huge thing." 
Ah, Kelle... You speak my language, girlfriend. 

Little-ish things from the past few days...

1) Finding commonality. We did that last night and it was refreshing. See, folks, we're all in this together. As Christians, we are not called to separate and get angry over stupid things. Duh, right? You'd think so. But it happens all the time. We try to force our convictions on others and, in turn, hurt that relationship whether we were trying to or not. The fact of the matter is, we all have one thing in common in the end - we love the Lord and we want to bring glory to Him. That may look different to you than it does to me. There's nothing wrong with that. So, next time, instead of arguing and adding "anger" to your list of emotions for the day... Say this with me, "Sweet, dude. I love Jesus, too!" 

2) Everybody knows somebody. "My brother has Downs." When the sweet, sweet woman in the food court today sat down and shared a little bit about Steven, I listened intently and was so grateful for the reminder than we're not alone in this. I'm addicted to moments like that. I savor the bond and thank God that everybody knows somebody. 

3) Little Dude has been opening his mouth when he eats. I know that might sound weird, but instead of me prying his mouth open to shovel rice cereal, peas or sweet taters in there, he proudly mimics the "AH" face Mommy is sporting. Yeah, buddy! 

4) Along with the food milestone, we've started splashing in the tub. If I had a third arm, I would totally tape the excited-ness and share it with the world. But, alas, memories are the only video tape happening until a) Daddy grabs the camera or b) Dude sits up without face planting. 

5) Speaking of Daddy and the camera... That could totally happen starting this Sunday. *applause, applause, applause* Woot! 

6) My house smells like a Christmas tree thanks to the Evergreen candle I've been burning all afternoon. The tree that goes along with the smell will be perfectly placed in my living room soon and very soon. 

When I think about the events of this week, I know I won't remember everything. But those are some of things that will replay when the movie in my head rolls on. (Yours plays in black and white, too, right?) 

Hope your Wednesday had lots of little things!     



2 comments:

  1. Love you much and am so grateful for the little things in your life and mine. Aunt Ashley is VERY proud of Ben for eating so well and being such a delight for his mommy. Micah comes home in mere DAYS and I can't wait to see you soon, too - less than a month 'til our families reunite!

    ReplyDelete