Saturday, December 31, 2011

Reflection

With it being New Years Eve, it seems only fitting to spend some time reflecting on 2011. It feels good to know this year is coming to a close. It has far surpassed the 24 previous and goes down in the record books as "most life changing." I've had to get to know myself, my husband and my Savior all over again. There were moments of sadness, grief and sheer horror intermingled with excitement and tears of joy. Days were long, nights were longer. There were times when I sat back and went, "Really, God? Really?!"
I wrote a note the beginning of last year explaining how much life seemed to be up in the air. We were in a frightening limbo and constantly wondered what God had in store for us and our future. When I think about that time, I giggle to myself. I imagine God whispered to the angels, "Just watch. The next few chapters are going to blow their minds." And have they ever!
In the midst of every emotion imaginable, every time I screamed at God and couldn't imagine life getting any harder... one thing was consistent...
"...And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Matthew 28:20

I have so much to be thankful for, so much to look forward to and too much to mention. Praising God for His magic eraser and my dirty chalkboard. Couldn't have made it without His provision, wisdom and mighty, mighty hand. 

What's up, 2012! 
Bring it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment