Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Best Part

My dearest Ben, 

If I had only known how different life would be. 


If I had only known how your smile would change hearts. 


If I had only seen how beautiful the world is through your almond shaped eyes. 


I never would've cried. 


Mourning wouldn't have been in my vocabulary.


I would've loved you.


Like I love you now. 


The journey would've been on a much smoother road.


But then again...


Maybe the journey is the best part. 


I love you, son. 

Everything about you. 

Including and especially your extra chromosome. 

Happy Designer Genes Day.



2 comments:

  1. So sweet! You 3 are an amazing family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it a blessing to really really realize that God knows what is best for each of us. When you get to the other end of life, looking back is so sweet! Seeing how God uses the tough times to give us our biggest blessings! I love seeing Ben! He is pure joy. Thanks for sharing honey. Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete