Monday, July 2, 2012

Patience

"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31 


Those words have been stuck in my mind worse than "It's a Small World" lately. (Sing it with me: It's a small world after all. You're welcome.) I've somewhat dissected Isaiah 40:31 the more I think about it. Patience isn't easy, but patience builds strength. 
If I can be honest, I used to think this patience thing was a bit overrated. We've adopted the "hurry up and wait" mentality these last two years and it hasn't been my favorite mode of living. But then it became clear. Patience builds strength. 
 We've hurried through Micah's months off and then we wait for what seems like eternity for the next month off to roll around. The same holds true this time around except... there's no need to hurry up when he gets here. You read that correctly. Micah is coming home. For good. I can't even wrap my head around that phrase. In fact, I don't even think I'll believe it until I see him walking off the plane for the last time. 
We've grown beyond our years through this experience. We've been challenged in every aspect of our lives and made it. Why? Because patience builds strength. Strength to fight. Strength to stand up for our marriage, our faith, our relationships and our normal. 
There are still a lot of unknowns ahead. More than a lot. And regardless of what happens in the coming weeks, months and years... God is still God, God is still good, and patience should be number one on the virtue list. 


We made it, babe. Come on home. 

 Family of three? Don't mind if I do. 

1 comment: