Sunday, August 19, 2012

View

When Ben and I visited the View the beginning of this year, I left with a feeling of accomplishment and relief that we had begun a new chapter in Florida. The idea that we were no longer bound to what I thought was the arm pit of East Texas was refreshing. The few people I still knew there were leaving soon and I felt confident that we were right where we were supposed to be. So if you had told me then that we would be back there someday, I probably would've given you the stink eye. Don't get me wrong, Longview was good to us. We learned a lot, we planted roots like we were supposed to and we missed El Sombrero. But going back was so not on our radar. Like ever. As far as our dream place to live? Shoot - give us an island with a tent and we'd be pretty set. We live for the ocean and we crave it when we're not near it. So East Texas? Not exactly our dream.
But - yeah, here comes the but - the Lord has other plans. Should we have left in the first place? Absolutely. I needed Florida. I needed the life change. I needed to be reminded of what family is all about; what that word means and who it really turns out to be in the end. I needed to drench my feet in salt water and watch the sunset. I needed the year long vacation.
The next chapter is about to begin, my friends. The View chapter. We're way more stoked than we thought we'd be. But that's how God works. Sometimes you get knocked down in ways you never thought you would. But the View is always better on the other side.

In other news... Dude has finally started getting more teeth! Naturally, the pain and agony of those little suckers had to come in the midst of one of the most challenging times in our lives. But, hey, we rocked it. Tired eyes and all.


We've also had the privilege of visiting the other side of the spectrum: the Smoky's in all their glory. Having family hidden up there has it's advantages and we've been exploring it in all it's majesty. 


We're refreshed and rejuvenated. Ready for whatever comes next. Watch out, world, Happy's back with a vengeance. Bam

Happy Monday.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I'll get to see you back in Texas! And see Ben grow up a little! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy that God is clearly leading you where He wants you to be. Praying for you to get settled soon and get to something that looks like normal. Even though, like you, normal at my house is just a setting on my dryer. :)

    ReplyDelete