Friday, November 2, 2012

Ache

Today my heart aches a little. Today is my last day as a stay at home mom. At least for the time being. The Lord gave me 19 glorious months at home with my little dude and I'm so grateful, but this is being added to the ongoing list of, "Things I didn't see coming." 
Truthfully, I'm really not even a little bit excited. Truthfully, I feel like somebody else will be raising my kid. And truthfully... that sucks. 


Sure, scrubs are like pajamas and wearing pajamas to work rocks, but that's the only happy I can find today. 
I know it'll get better with time. I know we'll all get into a routine and this will become another new normal. I know this is required right now and this is happening for a reason. I know Ben will brighten otherwise mundane days for everybody he flashes his smile at and I know it's a good opportunity. 


But, Mama to Mama... this is hard

1 comment:

  1. Amber...I know how you feel. When Christopher was little I was blessed to be able to stay home with him. But with Stephanie it was another story. I was alone at the time, and needed to support my family as much as I wanted to stay home with her. At 6 months old I had to tear myself away from my baby, and go to a full time job every day. I still think back to those days and ask myself what I might have missed...or would she be a different person if I had been there...etc. But you know what? God was in control the whole time. He knew what was best for all of us at the time. He took care of her and me. It was just a season in our lives...and there will be many! And what was great was that I appreciated all the times we had together that much more. I didn't take a second for granted. I'll be praying for you and your family as you go through this hard transition. I know God will carry you through it like He did me until things change and the next season of your life begins. -Barb

    ReplyDelete