Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful

My husband informed me that I've been a little "doom and gloom" lately. In fact, he brought me my computer several nights ago and said, "Here. Write something happy." Let me first apologize for making your hearts heavy. I'm fine; I promise. Writing is my outlet and hard feelings tend to come out before happy ones. I'm not sinking into a pit of nothingness and life is not awful beyond repair. If I were to psychoanalyze myself, it probably has something to do with all the things that have seemed to pile up since Micah came home. Our world got flipped and I haven't really had the time to work through it all. Hence all the gloom posts. So, my bad.

In an effort to brighten things up a little, a few things I'm thankful for today...

1. Jesus loves me. That fact alone makes life worth it.
2. My husband is better than yours. No, really.
3. I have a huge, fantastic family. Blood related or not: you are loved.
4. My son. He's just my favorite.
5. A job is a commodity these days. I'm thankful for mine.
6. We were blessed with a home we can afford that we are not crammed into. (And it has two front doors, so you're extra welcome here).
7. My pantry is full.
8. Christmas is on it's way. It's the best time of year.
9. Papa Bond's cornbread dressing. You don't understand. I'll be consuming my weight in the stuff today.
10. I'm thankful for a pen and paper (or keyboard). I need to write.

It's a good day. Thank Jesus and eat a lot. Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!

My greatest treasure. Thank you, Lord. 


No comments:

Post a Comment