Sunday, March 9, 2014

Changes

There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven: 
Ecclesiastes 3:1

Sorry for the absence lately. Truth is, I'm still trying to navigate whatever this normal is around here. Things are changing constantly. Some are quick, painless changes while others are long and painful. It's hard to know when to write it down for fear that everything I write will be about the long and painful side. So sometimes I just hibernate and try to work it out for myself.

                                

There's a time for everything. Good, bad, ugly and indifferent. Lately, I've teetered somewhere in the middle of those. We've had some good days. We've had some ugly days. We've had some, "I want to give up days" and we've even had some mellow, indifferent days. All of those are okay. Like that lonesome February post said, God is in it all. Even if nobody else is, He is there. That's been a heck of a lesson for me.


People are afraid of what they don't understand. People don't understand my normal. Are we following? It's been a lonely road. Friends, family: two things I used to be good at. Things I used to have. Things that are few and far between most days. Things I need. Things I miss.

There's a time for everything. Even loneliness. Even hurt. Even sickness. Even those hard questions about the future of our family and my children. God's not surprised by any of it. And I'm glad.


As far as the changes happening around here:

Moving to Mayberry is proving to be one of the best decisions we've made. Ben will turn three in just a few weeks (Seriously?) and with that comes the milestone of "graduating" out of ECI and moving on to school. Early Childhood Intervention is a state funded therapy option that Ben has been a part of both here and in Florida. We've been blessed with some of the best therapists in the world, and Ben has made so much progress in all aspects of his development because of these fantastic ladies. Starting school will be a hard change for this mama bear, but a good change for him. We've met with the teachers and therapists who will be a part of this next phase and I couldn't be happier with who God has placed in our lives. Mayberry has been good to us and God's not surprised by that either. Now if I could just get used to this new independence that will accompany my three year old. Phew!


Alexis is growing into quite the little bundle of joy. With the exception of some sleepless nights the last few weeks, she has been a happy eight month old. We will be heading to Dallas this week for her monthly appointment and I'm always hopeful for good news. Not gonna sugar coat it: the news is rarely wonderful, but they take good care of her and, even though it's a long day, I know she is in good hands.

As far as writing is concerned: some new changes will hopefully be happening with this little space on the web. I'm really looking forward to seeing what God does with our story. "If you've got a book in you - for God's sake write it." We'll just leave it at that.

Happy Sunday, friends. Be encouraged knowing God's not surprised with your life just like He's not surprised with mine.

Life's not always easy, but God is always good.

1 comment: