Friday, July 18, 2014

What If

Monday nights look a lot different for me now than they did a few months ago. God answered a huge prayer for me and gathered a group of women that don't mind the nitty-gritty part of life. I call it my therapy, but it's really just friends doing life together. For me, it's one thing to write things down. It's a whole 'nother ballgame to say it out loud. We're following THIS book. Finding the beauty in the everyday. Picking up pieces to make them look as beautiful as we want them to. Dude. This Ann girl's got a way with words.

We've talked about fears. As mom's, we've got a lot of them. When you have a baby, something flips a switch in your heart and you realize that the well-being of this chickadee is in your hands. You worry about the what-if's and do your best to keep them as safe, healthy and happy as possible.

But sometimes your what-if's become your reality...

Sometimes you stumble through life instead of run. Sometimes you hold your baby and wonder why God gave you this one. Sometime's worry leaves you paralyzed.

You know what Jesus said about worrying?

Don't.

Philippians 4:6-7

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."

Notice it doesn't say, "Hey girl, you can worry about your kids and your marriage and your finances if you want. It'll really help the situation."

"Don't worry about anything."

Just tell Jesus about it. And thank Him.

Phew. Tall order, huh?

Facing your biggest fears, your deepest worries, your what-if's is the scariest part of life, don't you think?

What if something happened to Micah? What if something happens to my kids? What if I can't raise them?

Those were mine.

I used to worry about things daily. Then I lived them. And that's when God got to take over. That's when He had to take over. I can't do this alone.

Do I still worry sometimes? Dumb question. I'm not super-woman. But I do think that's why Jesus used the analogy of taking up your cross daily and following Him. (Luke 9:23) Being a Christian isn't just a prayer you pray. It's putting on that t-shirt daily. Giving God your what-if's daily. Letting go and learning something new daily.

What-if's are okay. Everybody got 'em. It's not so much what they are that matters...
It's what you do with them.

Happy Friday.




Pics taken via instagram. Follow me @ambertwebb. 

No comments:

Post a Comment