Thursday, December 4, 2014

New Beginnings

At present, Burl Ives is belting a Christmas tune, my babies are giggling, I have boxes stacked in every corner, my shelves are bare and my heart is teetering somewhere between ecstatic and terrified. We've been in this place before; this awareness of a new beginning. Over the last few years you've come alongside to witness the hard, the ugly, the raw. Sometimes I read those posts and relive those moments.


I'm not naive enough to think my fence is going to magically become the crisp white one I had picked out. I thought that before and Jesus loved me enough to remind me who built the fence in the first place. I kicked and screamed the whole way through, but I finally got it.

"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Mayberry has been our hiding place. We came here looking for peace; something, anything good. In many ways we've been able to rest and wait. It wasn't always easy, but the good far outweighed the hard.

We thought this New Beginning came one way, but were caught off guard with how we've actually been blessed. As we move on from our little Mayberry and venture to our new City, we cautiously look forward to what will come next.

A big part of our splinter ridden, paint splattered, rusty old fence is complete.

Time to start fresh.

Happy December!


2 comments:

  1. So sad & so happy all in the same moment. You are a gift here & I know you will be there too. I still think you should figure out a way to commute on Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy family..That's what my dream in my life

    ReplyDelete